The San Francisco property is situated in the north central portion of the state of Sonora, Mexico, approximately 150 kilometers (km) north of the state capital city of Hermosillo. The project is comprised of two previously mined open pits (San Francisco and La Chicharra), together with heap leach processing facilities, and associated infrastructure located close to the San Francisco pit. Currently, the leach pads are on a residual leach cycle with no mining being conducted.
Magna’s plan to restart mining and processing operations is targeted for Q3 2020
LOCATION: Santa Ana, Sonora, Mexico
OWNERSHIP: 100% owned
LAND POSITION: 47,395 Ha
STATUS: On residual leaching gold production. Magna plans to update Technical Report in Q3, 2020.
METALS: Gold and Silver
MINERAL RESOURCES: M&I: 84,221,196 t grading 0.55 g/t Au, 1,484,197 oz Au (historical resources as of July 1, 2018).
MINING & PROCESSING CONCEPT: Open pit mining and heap leach processing
- Past producing open pit heap leach gold operation that commenced operations in 2010 and produced over 820,000 ounces of gold and 100,000 ounces of gold per year 1.
- 21 contiguous concessions totaling 47,395 ha
- Comprised of 2 previously mined open pits, together with heap leach processing facilities and associated infrastructure
- Total crushing capacity of 22,000 tpd
- Currently in a period of residual leach
- Open pits, mining equipment, processing facilities, and site infrastructure all in excellent condition.
- Historical NI 43 101 Reserves of ~855 kozs and Measured and Indicated Resources of ~1.5 Mozs